I love testing out different salad recipes. Green salads, grain salads, raw, cooked, sweet, zesty; you name it, I love them all! But there is one salad in particular I always gravitate towards when I don’t have the time/energy to think of something new. It’s also a salad that hubby and I have been asked how to make time and time again (he makes it just as good as me if not better!).
This fresh garden salad pairs well with any side dish and can be enjoyed on its own if doubled in portion. After making it once you’ll also get a better sense of how much of each ingredient you’ll like to add based on preference. For example, I love adding a little extra maple syrup, while hubby enjoys a bit of added lime. At the risk of totally sounding like my mom “…you know, a little bit of this, a little bit of that and that’s it.”
Here it goes friends, my go-to garden salad everyone keeps asking me for…
Garden Salad Recipe
- 3-4 medium organic vine tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 large ripe avocados or 3 small
- 2 tbsp raw or toasted sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of organic fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp organic dried oregano
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp high grade Canadian maple syrup
- handful of crushed walnuts and/or juice from half a lime if you like it zesty
- Chop tomatoes, cucumber, avocados and place in large salad bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients, leaving maple syrup and lime (if using) until the end, adding each of these a bit at a time until your flavour preference is achieved.
What’s your go-to salad and salad dressing? I know you have a tasty one up your sleeve, share it with me on social media or in the comment section below.
Helping you put wellness 1st,