I could eat soup 365 days a year; that’s how much I love it! I don’t want it to be fancy or doused in sodium, just rich in flavour, hearty and nutritious!
My veggie soup is bound to be your next go-to soup recipe. It’s loaded with wholesome veggies, easy to make, and packed with nutrients! I love pairing this soup with a few quinoa crackers or but all the hearty veggies make it just as tasty to enjoy on its own. So what are you waiting for, get that chopping block ready and let’s do this!
Hearty Veggie Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 cup fresh chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups organic sodium-free vegetable broth
- 3 – 4 medium carrots chopped
- 4 medium peeled and cubed white potatoes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated or ground ginger
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and celery to a large pot and sautee for 3 minutes of medium-high.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add in juice of one lemon and more salt/pepper to taste if preffered and simmer on low for additional 5-7 minutes.
- Taste test during simmering time to see if veggies are desired texture. If you prefer them a bit softer, simmer for 5 more minutes.
Veggie soup is one of the easiest soups to make. The secret is to add YOUR favourite vegetables. The consistency of the vegetables is also up to you. Like veggies to be a little more solid and chunky? Boil the soup for a a little less time. Like the veggies to be a little more soft/creamy? Cook a little longer. The options and flavours are endless.
What are some of your favourite veggie soup recipes? Share with me in the comment section or on social media.
Helping you put Wellness 1st,