I’ve been obsessed with pomegranates lately! Not only is this beautiful fruit sweet and refreshing, it’s loaded with amazing health benefits; anti-inflammatory properties, energy boosters, bad cholesterol combaters, heart protectors …to name a few.
Have you tried making chia jam before? it’s so easy and a perfect additional to any yogurt or oatmeal. In today’s post I share how to make this tasty and ever-so-simple chia jam with a pomegranate twist .
Pomegranate Chia Jam Recipe
- 1 tbsp whole or ground chia seeds
- 3 tbsp pure pomegranate juice
- Pinch fine sea salt 1/8 of a tsp
- 1/4 tsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or glass jar.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. The mixture will form a jam like consistency as it rests.
- Use right away or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- This recipe also works really well with concentrated blueberry juice.
- Double or triple the recipe and store in the fridge for easy access throughout the week.
- Add 1/4 tsp of flax to amp up the fibre content even more.
- Consume chi seeds and/or jams with a good quality fat source like yogurt to support digestion rate. Consuming chia seeds/jams on their own may lead to a quick bathroom visit (if you know what I mean).
I love layering this jam with coconut yogurt, rolled oat granola, and fresh pomegranate seeds – It’s the perfect sweet yet healthy touch to any breakfast or snack bowl.
Give it a try and let me know how you love to use it!
Helping you put wellness 1st,