There are so many tasty nut butters out there. Peanut, almond, cashew, hazelnut, the list goes on and on. There’s something about peanut butter though that pairs so nicely with the texture and flavour for banana. I don’t know, maybe it’s all the peanut butter-banana sandwiches I asked my mom for as a kid (with honey on top), or maybe it’s simply the creamy smooth texture the two create when combined. Either way, I’ve always loved this combo so I guess it’s only natural that I also love it in a smoothie too!
Here are few additional reasons why I love this smoothie:
• Simple, wholesome ingredients
• Nutty flavour
• Protein punch
• Packed with good fats
• Filling (in a good way)
• Hemp hearts give it a bit of a crunch if you don’t over blend
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk or preferred milk alternative
- 1 tbsp coconut milk powder –it adds in good fats I enjoy this one from Organic Traditions
- 2 tbsp organic smooth peanut butter
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unflavoured collagen powder
- 1 schoop vanilla vegan protein powder unsweetened
- Add all ingredients to blender, blend on high until smooth and enjoy!
- This smoothie also works well with any other type of nut butter, i.e.: almond, cashew, Brazilian nut, and hazelnut.
- You can also substitute the maple syrup for coconut nectar
- If you don’t have coconut milk powder, add a spoon of organic coconut oil or coconut cream.
What’s your favourite nut butter smoothie? Share with me in the comment section below or on social media.
Helping you put Wellness 1st,