I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made my creamy banana spice smoothie. I probably make it at least once every other week! I’m obsessed with how easy it is and how much it reminds me of a freshly baked slice of banana bread. It smells so good and tastes even better!
During the winter months I enjoy using fresh bananas and cold almond or coconut milk, but come summer I switch to frozen bananas and even add in an ice cube or two.
Throughout my smoothie making journey (since the birth of the good ol’ magic bullet… yes that long ago!), I’ve learned that you don’t need a gazillion fruits/veggies to make a smoothie healthy and tasty. A few simple, clean, and flavourful ingredients do the trick; enter my super simple to make creamy banana spice smoothie…
Why you’ll love this smoothie as much as I do:
- Packed with fibre and good fats
- Rich in antioxidants
- Great for gut and heart health
- Warm spices give is a comforting feel
- Uses simple healthy ingredients
- Naturally sweet
- Smooth and creamy in constancy
Creamy Banana Spice Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- 1 banana
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp full fat coconut cream thick portion that forms inside a full fat coconut milk can
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds or meal
- 1 tsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp organic ground cloves or 3 whole clove stars
- 1 tsp high grade maple syrup or sweetener of choice, I usually add this if my banana is not very ripe
- 1 scoop unflavoured collagen
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- This smoothie works well with a fresh or frozen banana.
- If you don’t have coconut cream, you can omit but I do prefer adding it as it gives it a more creamy constancy.
- If you’re using clove stars instead of ground cloves, ensure you’re using a high-speed blender that will help grind the stars well.
- After pouring the smoothie, if you let it sit for 2-3 minutes you’ll notice it thicken slightly (chia and flax working their thickening magic).
I love a creamy banana spice smoothie any time of the year. Did you try this smoothie recipe? Share with me in the comment section below or on social media, and don’t forget to shares your photos with me by tagging @wellness1st_net.
Helping you put Wellness 1st,