These double chocolate poppers are sure to satisfy your next chocolate craving! They are the perfect combination of chewy and creamy, with a decadent and rich chocolate flavour.
And while they pack a tasty punch, these double chocolate poppers are actually healthy!
What makes these double chocolate poppers healthy?
- They’re made with wholesome healthy ingredients.
- They contain good fats like coconut oil and almond butter.
- They’re rich in plant based protein.
- They’re a great source of minerals and antioxidants (from the cacao of course!).
- Naturally sweetened.
These double chocolate poppers are free from…
- Animal biproducts
Contain: nuts, oil, natural sweeteners.
I’ve made this recipe time and time again. It’s so simple, with minimal prep work and clean up. I highly recommend using a food processor to save time and achieve an even consistency, but if you don’t have a food processor a large fork and clean hands will do just fine.
This recipe works great on its own, or if you’re looking to jazz it up for a special occasion you could try the recipe add-ons I share in the ‘notes’ section.
Steps to making these double chocolate poppers:
- STEP 1: Add all ingredients to a small-medium food processor and combine until dough forms.
- STEP 2: Scoop onto parchment paper.
- STEP 3: Let cool in the fridge until firm.
- STEP 4: Melt chocolate and dip poppers.
- STEP 5: Let cool again until chocolate exterior is firm and enjoy!
A few tips…
- Use organic raw cacao powder – it’s better for you and will taste more chocolatey too.
- After scooping the poppers, roll each one gently between your hands to form a round ball. Don’t press too hard to prevent from crumbling.
- You can also substitute the almond butter with any other nut or seed butter. Stir well in jar to prevent it from being too runny.
Double Chocolate Poppers (DF, GF, VG)
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Food processor
- Parchment paper
- Large plate
- Small Bowl
- Large Fork
- Mini Scooper
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine pink salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil room temperature not melted
- 2 tbsp almond butter stirred well (not too runny)
- 1 tbsp high grade maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate (paleo friendly if needed)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a small food processor pulse dry ingredients 5-6 times until combined.
- Add in wet ingredients. Pulse in the food processor until well combined and a dough-like mixture starts to form (about a minute).
- Remove lid, use a mini scoop to form balls. Roll each ball in your hands gently for a few seconds to form even ball. Place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Once all dough is rolled into balls (approx. 16 balls), place the plate in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
- While balls cool, melt 1/3 cup of dairy free chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil. This can be done in the microwave or on the stove top using the double-boiler method.
- Remove balls from the fridge. Dip each ball in chocolate, coating evenly. Place back on the parchment paper. Once all have been coated with chocolate, place back in the fridge. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy after chocolate layer has cooled. Store them in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the fridge or one month in the freezer.
- 1 tsp peppermint extract for a festive and minty twist
- Additional coconut flakes for topping after dipping in chocolate
- Additional hemp hearts for topping after dipping in chocolate
- Crushed pistachios for topping after dipping in chocolate