I am a huge granola fan! Granola with yogurt, chia pudding, milk, or even on it’s own; I love it either way. My favourite kind of granola is one that has a nice crunch, with a just-sweet-enough aftertaste. And, it’s got to have lots of healthy fillings, because plain oats are just down right boring!
Enter my cinnamon crunch granola recipe – tasty with just the right amount of crunch and sweetness. Bonus – it’s loaded with wholesome healthy ingredients and it’s gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free! You can also make this recipe nut-free for anyone with a nut allergy.
Why you’ll love this granola recipe:
- Tastes better than store-bought granolas (I know, big statement, but it’s true!)
- Takes less than 5 minutes to put together (the oven does most of the work)
- Easy to make with easy to access ingredients
- Stores well in an air tight container (perfect for gift giving too!)
- Recipe is very flexible – can substitute many of the nut ingredients for extra seeds
What makes this granola recipe healthy:
- naturally sweetened
- loaded with fiber
- rich in plant-based proteins
- source of good fats
Cinnamon Crunch Granola
A tasty yet simple granola that’s loaded with wholesome healthy ingredients.
Servings 2 medium mason jars
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- Storage container or large glass jar(s)
- 2 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds whole or sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine pink salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, cherries, or goji berries
- Combine all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients minus the honey. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well to make sure coconut oil is melted.
- Add the wet mixture into the large bowl with dry ingredient mixture. Fold until dry ingredients are well coated.
- Drizzle in the honey. Fold until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300F for 25-30 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, remove from the oven and toss lightly to flip ingredients and prevent over-baking on one side. Place back into the oven for the remaining 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let granola cool completely on baking sheet at room temperature – about 20-30 minutes.
- With hands or large spatula, break up granola into chunks or small pieces. Sprinkle with dried fruit (optional), and store in glass jars or containers for up to 2 weeks.
Make sure granola is completely cooled before storing in containers.