These yummy frozen banana pops are perfect after a long work day… who am I kidding, they’re perfect any time of day! Have you tired these before? They’re a great treat for those with dairy free and/or gluten free diets. They’re also so easy to make!
Frozen Banana Pops Recipe
Servings: 6 (yes, I ate the 2 missing from the pic!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes Freezer Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large bananas
- 1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips from Enjoy Life Foods)
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- Optional toppings: ½ cup crushed nuts (I used pistachios), coconut flakes, hemp hearts, etc.
- Cut each banana in thirds and poke with a cake pop stick, place on plate and put in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Remove naked banana pops from freezer and dip bottom in chocolate and then the topping.
- Place bottom down on plate lined with parchment paper.
- Put back in freezer for 20min.
This healthy and delicious treat is great to enjoy on warm days or on those days when you’re craving something chocolatey (you know what I’m talkin’bout). It’s also sure to please a crowd and easy to make in large batches, so go ahead and add these to your next summer backyard bbq menu!
What are some of your favourite dairy free frozen treats? Share your love for banana pops and more with me in the comment section or on social media!
Helping you put Wellness 1st,