I couldn’t resist making my creamy, naturally sweetened Vegan Lemon Tartlettes this week. Any citrus dessert lover would agree that the balance of sweetness and tanginess plays a key role in the outcome of a citrus dessert. These “tartlettes” are sweet, tangy, and super creamy. They’re also vegan and refined sugar free, making them a great dessert option for individuals with various dietary needs.
Vegan Lemon Tartlettes Recipe
Serves: 16 mini tarts
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Cool Time: 4 Hours
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream (the thick cream from the top of a full-fat coconut milk can; store remaining coconut liquid in fridge and use in a smoothie!)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5-6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Add raw cashews to bowl and cover with boiling hot water for 1 hour then drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350F and mini muffin baking pan with mini paper cups.
- Add oats to a high speed blender on high until flour consistency is achieved.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oat flour, almond flour, salt, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Combine until a loose dough is formed.
- Role dough into 1-2 inch balls. Press each ball into paper cups firmly until it lines bottom evenly.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Add drained cashews to a high speed blender with coconut cream, cornstarch, lemon juice + zest, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over pre-baked mini crusts. These will not rise so fill until the top of the paper cup.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes and refrigerator to let cool (at least 4 hours).
- These last covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Optional: Top with coconut whip cream and fresh fruit before serving.
These vegan lemon tartlettes are so delicious! Every time I make them I can’t help but eat two or three at a time! I absolutely love how light they are and their sweet lemon aftertaste.
Give this recipe a try and share your thoughts with me in the comment section below or on social media!
Helping you put Wellness 1st,