I’ve been doing a lot of baking over the last few weeks. COVID or no COVID, I love to bake and find it helps take my mind of things.
The trick to baking (for me at least) is using healthy ingredient options, this way I prevent unpleasant sugar spikes and benefit from added nutritional value.
There’s also something about baking from scratch using wholesome natural ingredients I really enjoy. It’s like my sense ignite from all the sweet aromas and natural flavours. Have you ever smelt organic vanilla or cinnamon before? To do die for!
My latest healthy raspberry muffins recipe is loaded with fresh raspberries, contains a good source or protein, good fats, and fibre – proving It’s possible to bake something tasty without all the added refined sugars. Give this tasty gluten and dairy free raspberry muffin recipe a try and you’ll know just what I’m talking about ;).
Why I love these raspberry muffins?
- easy to make
- combo of sweet and tart flavours
- perfect for snack or desert
What makes these raspberry muffins a healthy option?
- simple ingredients
- naturally sweetened
- dairy, gluten, soy, and refined sugar free
- rich in fibre, protein, and good fats
Steps to making this recipe:
- STEP 1 – Combine all wet ingredients
- STEP 2 – Add in dry ingredient mix
- STEP 3 – Fold in fresh raspberries. Scoop into liners.
- STEP 4 – Bake and enjoy!
A few tips for making this recipe:
- Measure the wet ingredients thoroughly. If the batter is too runny, add a bit more almond flour.
- This recipe would work great with fresh cranberries or blueberries too.
- Do not use frozen berries for this recipe.
- Add lemon or orange zest if you enjoy a citrus after taste.
Raspberry Muffins Recipe
Raspberry Muffins (DF, GF)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large bowl
- Muffin Liners
- Muffin Baking Tray
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk beverage
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1/3 cup maple or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine pink salt
- 3/4-1 cup fresh organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 muffin cups.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Add flax meal and maple or coconut sugar to the wet mix. Whisk and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients on top of wet mix. After adding all dry ingredients, whisk until just combined (do not over whisk).
- Wash raspberries, pat dry. Fold them and optional chocolate chips into batter until just combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into 8 muffin liners.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven, place on cooling rack. Let cool for minimum 10 minutes before eating. They will be very soft right out of the oven.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Storing in the fridge is okay too but it will dry them out a bit. Freeze for up to a month.
- I have not tried this recipe using only flax eggs. I believe it would work as long as the flax eggs have enough time to set (15 minutes).