I love easy-peasy breakfast recipes. The less clean up the better! These one-bowl breakfast squares are simple to make, using wholesome ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied.
What makes these squares healthy?
- They’re made with natural ingredients (no added preservatives or white sugars).
- They contain good fats like coconut oil and nut/seed butter.
- They’re rich in protein.
- They’re a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- Naturally sweetened.
These squares are free from…
- Nut free option provided
Steps to making these squares:
- STEP 1: In a medium-large mixing bowl, mash the ripe banana. Then whisk or beat in all other wet ingredients.
- STEP 2: Add in all dry ingredients. Combine well.
- STEP 3: Add to square baking dish. Bake, let rest, enjoy!
Full instruction in recipe card below.
A few tips…
- Use parchment paper to line baking dish. This will make removing the squares much easier and cleaner.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- You can substitute the peanut butter with any other nut or seed butter. Stir well in jar to prevent it from being too runny.
- Using any toppings you prefer; i.e. chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, etc.
One-Bowl Breakfast Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Large whisk or hand held mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- 8×8 baking dish
- Parchment paper
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 free range eggs
- 3 tbsp organic smooth peanut butter or any nut or seed butter (for nut free option)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil soft at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup almond flour substitute 1/4 cup coconut flour for nut free option
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine pink salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line square baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ripe banana. Mash well with a fork or whisk.
- To the mashed banana, add all other wet ingredients. Whisk well or blend with a hand held mixer.
- To the wet mixture, add in all dry ingredients, minus the rolled oats (leave those for last). Combine well with whisk or hand held mixer. Add in oats, combine thoroughly.
- Fold in optional topping ingredients. Save a few to sprinkle on top.
- Spread batter evening in line baking dish. Bake at 350F for approx. 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Lift parchment paper onto cooling rack. Let rest 15-30 minutes. Cut into 3×3 (9 squares). Enjoy right away or store in air tight container for up to 3-5 days.
- Use parchment paper to line baking dish. This will make removing the squares much easier and cleaner
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting
- Can also be stored in the freezer after cutting